Corporate Cookery Events & Team Building Activities
Ideally located in the heart of the city with abundant parking nearby, Exeter Cookery School provides a range of events, activities and courses aimed at team building in the corporate sector.
Team-building, client and staff incentives, meetings, events, business breakfasts, charity fund-raisers, awards ceremonies – you name it, we do it!
We’re fully licensed, so can host almost any event.
A Range of Events
Our fun and friendly corporate cookery events can be tailored to suit your working day and include full-day, half-day (morning or afternoon) and evening/after-work events.
- Canapé and Drinks Party: We serve a range of delicious canapés for your event and selected to your requirements. We are also fully licensed for serving alcohol.
- Team Building: Use cookery to hone your team’s efficiency and get them working like a Michelin-starred brigade.
- Chef Masterclass: Our chef demo’s several dishes and you get to watch and eat. The chef may be our very own Jim or a well-known local guest chef.
- Client & Staff Incentives: Want to reward your staff or treat a client? A cookery course is the perfect vehicle.
- Meetings: Hold your business meetings any time of the day in our converted 1830’s grade II listed quayside venue.
- Charity Fund-Raisers: We have the perfect space for your fund-raising event.
- Christmas or Leaving ‘Do’?: We’re licensed for alcohol and live music, so you can relax and let your hair down.
- Business Breakfast: Start your working day with a Full English or a Continental breakfast prepared by our chef, then conduct your meeting in fabulous surroundings with AV and free broadband.
- Awards Ceremonies: Our quirky former quayside warehouse provides a unique setting for your star-studded event.
Team-Building Themes & Inspiration
Have an idea of what you’d like to do? Or perhaps you’re stuck for ideas and would like to talk it through? Email us or phone 07415 783759 about creating a bespoke event perfect for your needs.
Half Day & Full Day Corporate Cookery Events
- Cook & Dine: Two teams cook against each other, then get to enjoy the fruits of their labours around the dining table with a glass or two of wine.
- Team Cooking: A fun no-pressure day or half-day of cookery (meat/desserts/pasta/spun sugar/baking/bread, etc).
- Masterchef Experience: Good for small groups, a day or half-day of mildly competitive cookery.
- Bread Making: a day or half-day making – and eating – bread of all types.
- Wine & Food Pairing: A relaxed day or half-day cooking, eating, slurping and chilling!
- Spun Sugar Craft: A half-day creating fantastic spun sugar shapes.
- Chef & Knife Skills: A day or half-day of learning from our chef some top tips that will enhance your home cooking skills.
- The Apprentice-style Challenge: Two teams are each given a budget and ordered to plan, shop for and cook a menu of their devising – then they have to sell it!
- “Yes Chef!”: Be a restaurant chef for a day. Guided and encouraged by our chef you’ll run two kitchens restaurant-style. “Service please!”.
- The Ugly Veg & Leftovers Challenge: A relaxed mildly competitive day or half-day preparing and cooking leftovers and the ugly veg that supermarkets throw out.
- Cookery Relay: Two teams cook two three-course menus in 1hr 30mins. The catch is: one person from each team cooks for 20mins before handing it over to the next person to carry on – and there’s no conferring. Last one cooking finishes the dish. This is a tough one!
The above options are bespoke to your individual needs. Our prices are extremely competitive, but vary depending on the event. For a quote, please phone us on 07415 783759 or email.
Reduction for a Group Booking
If all you want is a standard cookery course, then take advantage of our Group Incentive scheme: if there are six or more in your party you’ll receive a 10% reduction on total course fees.
If you are after a more bespoke event like the ones listed above, then email us for a chat about possibilities and prices…
Email us or phone 07415 783759 about creating a bespoke event perfect for your needs.